Monday 17 June 2013

Thrifty but nifty fashion



I'm a fashionholic. I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for all things shoes, bags and clothes, but all of that can come at a price, so here are my tips for thrifty but nifty fashion.


Charity Shop 

 

It's become something tied with the hipster but, believe it or not, it really can work if you know what you're looking for. So here are some rules:
  1. (Window) Shop Around
    Have a look around and see what your charity shops offer. Is there something that stands out in one but not the other? Or was there something irresistible that makes you want to come back?
  2. Label Search
    Trust me - it's amazing what you can find if you rummage. I managed to bag myself 2 pairs of Doc.Martens, Rocket Dog boots and a French Connection dress. My mum even bought herself a gorgeous Red or Dead handbag for a fiver!
  3. Customize
    Customizing some charity shop-bought items is a great way of getting something completely original for a small price. Recently, I took the sleeves off of a dress and added a few sequins to create myself a 1920s style flapper dress. Lovely! 

Free Samples 

Designer make-up and scents can fetch a pretty price, but every so often, YOU can fetch yourself a pretty sample. Keep an eye on your favourite perfumes and  make up brands, because new releases often mean new samples or competitions to bag yourself something gorgeous.

Last month, Chanel offered free travel sized samples of their mascara, et voila!

Discount Websites 

Internet shopping is a huge business and there is a huge chance you can find some fantastic discounts on designer labels. A pair of my Irregular Choice shoes cost £6 including P+P on Ebay. Other websites worth a look at is Hardlyeverwornit where you can fix yourself up with some labels at hugely discounted prices. 



No comments:

Post a Comment